30 January 2008

My Nan - The anniversary I wish I didnt have!

Well how do you put into words a year of grief, especially when it is the 1st anniversary of the death of someone that you loved so much.
.
I didn't want to put a memorial advert in the paper because I find that tacky so this is my personal memorial to my nan - and hey she would have told me off for wasting money on the Advertiser, and she would have been amazed that she had made it into the world of cyber space!!!
.
This is my nan taken about 6 weeks before her death, I always told everyone that for a lady of 82 years she lived independent and was so proud of herself for doing so. If it was not for the factor of the big 'C' I think she might have lived to 100 with all her senses!
.
I am lucky to have so many wonderful memories of nan, school holidays and waking up with cinnamon toast then a trip to town for the movies - some times two! She would make me dinner every time I had a shift at the Entertainment Centre which was often followed by a game of 'Skipbo'. Nan was the queen of the Country shows that she attended, where she floated round the building as if she owned Nashville!
.


I am grateful that I was able to always share a very special bond with nan, she looked after me and kept me sane - she was always there for a cup of tea if you needed one.

If anyone spoke to nan one of her proudest achievements was that she was able to say that she was a great grand mother to so many children. I am so happy to have been able to add to that tally and I can say that it makes me so happy that she adored Harrison so much.
.
Harry when you are old enough to read this blog, you may not remember your great grandma, but know that she loved you so much and you gave her so much joy every time we bought you round to visit!


They say it gets easier to deal with the grief of loosing someone that you loved so dearly, but too be honest I don't want it to get easier. Yes I get sad, and have a cry, but then the grief helps me to remember the good times, the laughs, and every precious moment that we shared that I will always hold dear to my heart.
.
I have sent through a donation to the Mary Potter Hospice on behalf of my family, which I will continue to do so every year for nan - The wonderful staff and volunteers at Mary Potter gave my nan the dignity to die as someone more than just an elderly cancer patient, but to go as "Joyce Anderson - Mother, Nana, Great Grandma and Friend"
.
.
'Joyce Anderson'
Nan & Great Grandma
Rest in Peace
3/3/1924 - 30/1/2007
Aged 82 Years


No comments: